The Tournament of Roses House

As I leave The Tournament of Roses House this past Friday, I am reminded how history can encourage us to live "Life...With Style!" The once home and office of Mr. Wrigley, the founder of the world renowned brand Wrigley's Gum, is phenomenally beautiful from the garden to the second floor. This home may be some what of a secret treasure to many who have lived in Southern California and may have never visited or even known of its existence.

The reason I am inspired to share my experience is, after quietly sitting in the historic living room, while on my 2009 Windows mobile device, inside a home that began construction in 1906. I am amazed at how this fully-functional home can inspire some of the luxuries of today. As I sit and admire the paneled walls, cement ceiling, marble fire places and hand crafted wall paper designed out of aluminum foil (which is questioned, by the home volunteers, if this has anything to do with why Wrigley's Gum is wrapped in foil); I imagine the endless home design possibilities that can come from viewing historic architecture.

The home is now head quarters of The Tournament of Roses Association, and is open to the public for tours. (for more information visit www.tournamentofroses.com/index.asp ). I encourage you to visit this piece of history at your convenience for an experience to remember, in addition to living "Life...With Style!"


Mr. William Wrigley, Jr.



The Tournament of Roses House

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/29/2009

    I went to high school a few blocks away at Mayfield Senior School. The main building is very similar to the Wrigley mansion. I love the architecture of the homes along Orange Grove, what was once known as Millionaire's Row. Now, that's livin' "Life...With Style!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love historic homes.. i wish architecture like this were more readily found.

    -issa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much knowledge in history, one can't help but have an appreciation for it and it's impact on today. History is always relevant. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...